Dr. Doctor

Default House won't Sell - Need Advice

I am on the market for a new place and the nicer places we looked but did
not make offers on had some of these issues come up (these may or may not
apply to your situation.(these are only with the nicer places I looked and
would consider buying)

1. Not enough parking (only room for 1 vehicle)

2. loud neighborhood (music blaring from down the street)

3. house was stale inside (owner were away and windows were closed)

4. floor plan

5. useable part of yard was a northern exposure

I guess sometimes the things that are making your place not sell as fast as
you would like can be out of your control and cant be corrected.

tip for selling I use are
1. get rid of any clutter
2. pack away anything you may not need, (rooms appear larger)
3. no brainier here keep place clean and tidy inside and out, weed
flowerbed, weedtrim around fence, vacuum, no dirt dishes, closets tidy up
out ect.
4. fix those small things that are not issues and don't bother you.
5. Currently my neighbor has a larger dog that barks at his own shadow I
asked my neighbor they could have dog inside when place shows she agreed
6. have all curtain / blinds open get inside as bright as possible when
showing,
7. open windows up in all room weather permitting
8. have fresh cut flowers in vase in house ( if possible I don't have this
all the time but will buy flowers every week or so if the place is showing
frequently)
9. have any info available in house when showing (sales flyer)
10. when listing the house I check out the market see what prices other
places in neighborhood are selling at , your realtor should be able to find
what prices they sold for to come up with a good price. In the area I am
moving from places that are not sold within the 1st 30 days are usually
overpriced.

Hope that helps