H H

Default House won't Sell - Need Advice

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it.

Here is a quick rundown of answers to your points.

a) What items? No one has ever indicated(our agent included)
that we need to do this or that to fix things.

b) We are an end unit townhouse with no association. We are
walking distance to an elementary school and 10 minutes to the mall.

c) We are not the largest floor plan in our subdivision, but not the
smallest.

d) Bedrooms/bathrooms are neutral colors. Most of rest of house
is a light tan color.

e) No conditions/pre-conditions listed.

f) We are "middle of the pack" for this.

g) In the 50+ showings(no typo) we have only said the house wouldn't
be available 6 or 7 times.

It has gotten to the point where I think about taking the house off the
market, painting it Antique White throughout,
getting rid of or storing some of our larger furniture pieces. I think my
furnace may be a sticking point, but it is in
well-maintained condition. At this point, the house we wanted we lost. Also,
the financing program we were
approved for has expired. So, at this point, we have no other house to go to
and our new mortgage isn't as "good"
as the last one.

wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:28:56 GMT, "H H" wrote:

Hi. I've lurked in this group awhile and I am in need of some advice

We've had our home on the market over 90 days. We have had only 1 offer

in
that time,
and the deal fell through. We, along with our agent, have no idea what

the
issues are.
The house is clean, and in overall good condition. Our house is not a

"money
pit",
even though the "pits" here have sold.

I've seen allot of advice that says the reason for us still on the market

is
may be price, which we
have lowered 3 times. I am beginning to think that we were never priced
right from the
beginning. Now, given that the summer is almost over, it's too late.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I'm sure more thoughts will follow but briefly my random thoughts are
(bear in mind these are generic and not intended to put your house
down) :

a) items that weren't in good condition may have been a sticking
point???

b) location

c) floor plan

d) colors (I think this shouldn't be that big of a deal but who
knows)

e) financing terms

f) selling price (some price ranges sell faster than others)

g) how well you are cooperating with your realtor, ie: to make the
house available for showings, etc...

Perhaps ask your realtor to ask the other realtors who have shown your
home what input they are getting from their clients.

I'm sure I've overlooked some but the other replies will cover them.

Be patient !!!

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **