Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT: Why isn't China being held responsible for coronavirus?

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 2:22:40 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 5/20/2021 1:59 PM, wrote:
On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 1:09:33 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
It was caused by severe negligence - unsanitary conditions in wet meat
markets. If a company accidentally outputs a load of nuclear waste and
kills millions of people, they would be held accountable.

"There are only two ways it was released: by accident due to
incompetence at Wuhan Lab or the CCP had the virus weaponized and
released on purpose. Of course this would be construed as an act of war,
an act of economic warfare. Either way the CCP is responsible for the
release of COVID-19 virus and damages incurred.
When I make a mistake and my mistake causes damages to another party, I
have a responsibility to pay for those damages. Why then is no one
asking for damages from the CCP?"

https://www.bakersfield.com/opinion/...ff946a943.html

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...ogy-Trump-cost

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25...n-democracies/

Question that formed in my mind is that if only 5,000 people have died
in China from the virus and over 100 times that many in the US then
maybe the Chinese were trying to design a virus that does not kill
Chinese people.

I think someone in China quipped that if they had designed it, it would
have been far more deadly. Maybe they were working on that before it
escaped the Wuhan labs.

My comments may sound nutty but we seem to be living in a nutty world today.

Your comments do seem nutty, because there isn't enough genetic
variation between Asians and Caucasians to target a virus.

In any case, how would we hold China responsible? Stop buying chips
from them?

Cindy Hamilton

I know but it is a fact that when the Chinese closed down Wuhan from
traveling around China they let them travel around the world.

Do you have a cite for that?

Also they
suppressed investigation by the outside world as to how it started.

It is stupid to be fully reliant on the Chicoms for anything.