Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default ice and water shield

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 5:25:45 AM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:

My house was built in 1947. Everyone before me installed asphalt
shingles.
When I had it re-roofed, I would have been foolish to change to steel.

Bull****.
I'd never recover the additional cost.

Thats not what its about.

It's always about cost, stupid. If I spend $20,000 rather than
$5,000 on a roof, then I have $15,000 less to spend on other
things that my house needs.

Every single decision involves that sort of tradeoff. That's why
we do most of our own home maintenance and improvements,
except for things that require specialized knowledge or equipment,
or things that we are physically incapable of doing.

Cindy Hamilton