Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default what a load of pish

Theo wrote:
newshound wrote:
We don't use gas fridges because we don't (yet) have mini gas turbines
to drive the compressor. The old fashioned gas fridges were the
"absorption" type, much less efficient than modern ones.

And the primary advantage of electric heat pumps is you can run them off
renewables, which you couldn't do with a gas heat pump.

Very true, but whats the cut off date for domestic gas supplies? Cant say
Ive ever heard one discussed.

So, *if* domestic gas supplies continue, the *cheapest* domestic heating
could be a gas powered heat pump depending on their efficiency and gas
prices.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls