Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 05/21/2021 06:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/21/2021 12:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/20/2021 07:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Now you do mention free electricity from solar panels, that is a start.

TANSTAAFL

True, but not everyone can drill an oil well when the gas stations run out.

I haven't seen the sun since Sunday. It's even worse in the winter. If
the sun does appear, it's low on the horizon. That's a big battery bank
to smooth it out.

I've used solar at my hovel in AZ since '88.

https://www.duke-energy.com/our-comp...ergy/ajo-solar

I'm 10 miles south of that farm, so it's a favorable location. Still
there were rainy winters when I had to be very careful of consumption. I
wonder how many megawatts Duke is producing during those periods?
Compared to Palo Verde it's a hobby operation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palo_V...rating_Station