Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT: Why isn't China being held responsible for coronavirus?

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 2:19:12 PM UTC-4, Joel wrote:
"Commander Kinsey" wrote:

It was caused by severe negligence - unsanitary conditions in wet meat markets. If a company accidentally outputs a load of nuclear waste and kills millions of people, they would be held accountable.

"There are only two ways it was released: by accident due to incompetence at Wuhan Lab or the CCP had the virus weaponized and released on purpose. Of course this would be construed as an act of war, an act of economic warfare. Either way the CCP is responsible for the release of COVID-19 virus and damages incurred.
When I make a mistake and my mistake causes damages to another party, I have a responsibility to pay for those damages. Why then is no one asking for damages from the CCP?"

It appears that China did play down the virus in some ways for a
period of time, and that may have cost the rest of the world a
potential advantage early in the fight. But we are getting it under
control, we know how to fight it, we're committed to the fight, and
President Biden among others around the world can and will provide the
support for the effort it will take. It's a global problem, but we
know what we have to do to deal with it throughout the world.

What we need to do is bill China for creating it in the first place. Unhygienic meat markets = millions of deaths worldwide. If a private company accidentally killed millions, they would be held accountable.

And what makes you think the virus wouldn't have found another way to
spread, if not for the meat market? There were things China did
wrong, early on, but they didn't create the virus. It does seem
linked to the meat market, sure, but it didn't evolve there.

It's not so linked to the meat market either. While there were early infections
there, there were also other infections found that had nothing to do with,
no connection to the meat market. It's possible that it just spread in that
market because someone happened to have acquired it somewhere and
worked there, much like it spread in US meat packing facilities.

Let's
not pretend that China is more guilty than they are - they do a lot of
bad things, they abuse people's rights, they didn't act entirely in
good faith about the virus, and we should call them out on such
things. But this pandemic was something the world would have to face,
it isn't relevant which country it came from.

--
Joel Crump

It's relevant if it turns out there is more to it that we know now. And China
did cover it up, we lost precious time, because of their dishonesty. In particular
China claimed there was no evidence of human to human transmission when
they new that was not true. And had this originated in say Europe, instead of
China, we'd have been able to conduct a real investigation to try to determine
the source. China has not allowed that, nor would it be possible in China even
if they allowed full access.