Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelica...@yahoo.com is offline

Default Self storage units

On Thursday, May 20, 2021 at 8:39:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 20 May 2021 02:04:08 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 10:56:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I rented a Pod when we remodeled the kitchen and living room and I
ended up throwing almost all of it away. It is amazing when you
actually look at the stuff you save, how much is really trash.

We're remodeling the kitchen. I wish I could take the opportunity to
throw away a bunch of things we never use, but my husband loves
"stuff".

I suppose I could move those things to his workshop...

Cindy Hamilton

We got rid of a lot of stuff in the kitchen or moved it somewhere
else. The oven is outside now and we got rid of the dishwasher a while
ago. We could still use more cabinet space. I don't want one more
counter top appliance. My wife bought an air fryer that I am not sure
why we have.

Oven outside wouldn't work for us, of course. We thought about
moving it there for the duration of the remodel. Gas and electricity
are available outdoors, although the gas connection would be
decidedly non-code. The whole job is unpermitted. We usually don't
pull a permit unless the work will show from the outside.

We have a induction hot plate that we've been using, but we have a
limited number of pans that will work with it.

We set up the dishwasher in the laundry room. That's the only
thing holding my sanity together. I'd be pretty bitchy if I had
to wash dishes by hand. I resent having to hand-wash the sharp
knives.

It's been about a month and I expect it'll be another six weeks before
everything is back together, depending on how speedy the flooring and
countertop installations can be schedule. We don't use the stove
all that much this time of year anyway.

My husband loves to give me stuff for Christmas. I haven't quite
mastered a look of delight when viewing, say, a panini press that
I didn't want. The best I can manage is "I'm glad this dog turd is dried
and not stinky."

Cindy Hamilton