Default House won't Sell - Need Advice

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:28:56 GMT, "H H" wrote:

Hi. I've lurked in this group awhile and I am in need of some advice

We've had our home on the market over 90 days. We have had only 1 offer in
that time,
and the deal fell through. We, along with our agent, have no idea what the
issues are.
The house is clean, and in overall good condition. Our house is not a "money
pit",
even though the "pits" here have sold.

I've seen allot of advice that says the reason for us still on the market is
may be price, which we
have lowered 3 times. I am beginning to think that we were never priced
right from the
beginning. Now, given that the summer is almost over, it's too late.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

I'm sure more thoughts will follow but briefly my random thoughts are
(bear in mind these are generic and not intended to put your house
down) :

a) items that weren't in good condition may have been a sticking
point???

b) location

c) floor plan

d) colors (I think this shouldn't be that big of a deal but who
knows)

e) financing terms

f) selling price (some price ranges sell faster than others)

g) how well you are cooperating with your realtor, ie: to make the
house available for showings, etc...

Perhaps ask your realtor to ask the other realtors who have shown your
home what input they are getting from their clients.

I'm sure I've overlooked some but the other replies will cover them.

Be patient !!!

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **