Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 5/20/2021 10:10 PM, Joey wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
news
On 5/20/2021 9:25 PM, Joey wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Planes and automobiles had massive advantages over what they replaced.

EV dont have even a single advantage over an ICE.
The lower fuel cost per mile doesnt even pay for itself
even if you get the fuel for free from your solar panels.

Of course they do, you are not thinking of the future.

The future is irrelevant when considering whether
to buy an ICE or an EV which will be worthless in less
than 8 years when it needs a new very expensive battery.

Now you do mention free electricity from solar panels, that is a start.

Not currently it isnt because of the stupidly
higher price of the EV version and the cost
of the solar panels.

What will be the situation with gas/oil in the next 10, 20, 50 years?
It will be more expensive and harder and harder to find.

That is the time you consider which to buy next, not today.

There is a finite amount of oil. When should we come up with
alternatives?

We already have the alternative natural gas.

Every car or truck that is fueled by other than oil leaves a bit more to
make the transition easier.

Mindless stuff.

There are 1.65 trillion barrels of proven oil reserves in the world as
of 2016. The world has proven reserves equivalent to 46.6 times its
annual consumption levels. This means it has about 47 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).

And when that is gone we can make more using the power from nukes.

Natural gas is finite too.
There are 6,923 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of proven gas reserves in the
world as of 2017. The world has proven reserves equivalent to 52.3 times
its annual consumption. This means it has about 52 years of gas left (at
current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves).

That ignores fracking.

So we have about 40 years to make the transition. It is evolutionary, not
revolutionary.

Thats bull**** with the change from ICE to EV.

NOW is the time to start sorting out the issues for a future.

Design wise, but not buying wise.

Nothing is achieved by farting around plugging
the stupid EV in every ****ing night and spending
stupid money replacing the very expensive battery
every 7 years or so and polluting the environment
with ****ed EV batteries.

Sorry you are so shortsighted.

More mindless bull****.