Dave Jennings

Default Cheapest source for internal fire doors?

BigWallop wrote:
Any normal internal door has heat resistance for the required duration
stated in the fire safety regulations, and only need to be self
closing to suit building regulations. So go and buy your doors and
fit self closing springs or arms to them.

Excellent, thanks for that. My main gripe is that we live in a
beautiful 100 year old house, with all the original features. Fitting
these will really take away from the feel and the look of the house.

I know it's for safety, but no one here smokes, we have smoke detectors
as required, and I just hate the fact they won't look anywhere near as
nice.

Thanks for the tip - I appreciate it.

Regards,

Dave.