Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Murphy bed progress

On Thu, 20 May 2021 15:06:40 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/20/2021 2:54 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2021 17:18:29 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

So the bed section, that which folds up, now only needs the hardware to
be attached, lightly sanded, and painted.

I used the Shaper Origin to cut 6 arcs on the top rails of the platform.

I used a plug-in program for Sketchup to produce the needed SVG file for
the arc.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

Glued and pinned.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...in/dateposted/

And getting heavier.

BTDT. I've made more than a few things that ended up being heavier
than useful. ;-) Plywood and MDF get heavy.

And I "said" I was steering towards smaller projects.... Covid ended up
reversing the insurance only jobs after Harvey. I was not going to do
big jobs, well any jobs at insurance rates.

I built a store room at our other house about 15 years ago. I used
treated 3/4" plywood for the flooring. My dad and I could hardly carry
a single sheet to my back yard.

I have one of the Dewalt SCMS stands for my Bosch SCMS (I have a Bosch
stand for my Dewalt planer, so go figure). The brackets didn't fit
well so I built a table with some cubbyholes to store stuff in the
front and a place for a power strip and automatic DC switch in the
back. The thing is so heavy that I can't get it on or off the stand
by myself. Classic case of over-design.