Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

On Wed, 19 May 2021 15:10:31 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 19/05/2021 13:52, Clive Arthur wrote:
On 19/05/2021 13:25, NY wrote:

snipped

Yes. Assuming you want a charging cable that is easy to coil up into
the car when not in use and which isn't so stiff and heavy that you
need to be built like Arnold Schwarzeneger to wrestle with it, you
need to keep the conductor cross section (and therefore the current)
to a reasonable level. And as you say, if you want a certain power and
the current must be low, the voltage must be frighteningly high. I'm
not sure I want to be close to a cable carrying 10 kV, no matter how
good the safety interlocks are to prevent power being applied until
the cable is proved to be safely connected, and so it will cut out as
soon as the cable is removed.

Have a separate fast charge connector under the vehicle, accessed
automatically.

and covered in mud...and subject to spray....I dont think so

What, that couldn't be 'Autocleaned' by the system (even if not
necessary with a properly designed interface).

there is a reason why fuel fillers are where they are

Yeah, nothing to do with gravity or bipeds re-fuelling whilst standing
then?

Cheers, T i m