Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default "Electric car range anxiety to be cured by battery that charges in five minutes"

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 20/05/2021 00:08, Steve Walker wrote:
On 19/05/2021 16:57, GB wrote:
On 19/05/2021 16:18, Tim Streater wrote:

If the alternative is climate catastrophe, then I'm prepared to stop
occasionally.

How d'ye know that's the alternative?

Let's do a risk analysis:

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are
wrong, then you'll be suffering a little inconvenience unnecessarily.
That's not the end of the world.

Suppose all the scientists concerned about climate catastrophe are
right, but we refuse to suffer a little inconvenience. That is the end
of the world.

It's not a "little inconvenience" when you are literally unable to get to
a family funeral in time without a petrol or diesel car!

The same way

"Uncle Harry's planning to die next Tuesday. Is that enough notice to make
all your travel arrangements for his funeral?"