Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Stockpiling boilers?

Davidm wrote:
I had a new (replacement) gas CH boiler professionally (Gas Safe)
installed in m-i-ls house just over a year ago. No mention of having
to notify building control. Who is supposed to be notified?

"If your Gas Safe registered business has installed a heat producing
appliance (such as a boiler or fire), theyll need to comply with the
regulations and notify (self-certify) these appliances with the relevant
local authority within 30 days of installation. If youre a homeowner, its
also up to you to ensure the Building Regulations are adhered to by making
sure your engineer notifies the installation.

How to get a Building Regulations Certificate

Your Gas Safe registered engineer just needs to notify through Gas Safe
Register. Once theyve done this, we will inform your local authority and
youll receive your Building Regulations Compliance Certificate in the post
in 10-15 working days."

https://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/he...s-certificate/

(I'm not sure if the 'Building Regulations Compliance Certificate' is
actually a thing that must be produced by law, or a nice piece of paper
marketed by Gas Safe to keep householders and conveyancers happy. I think
the notification is the main thing)

Theo