Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Smart meters, nearly fell off my stool.

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 19/05/2021 08:32, tim... wrote:

[1] my house is very well insulated and my heating bills tiny. If I
were to change to all electric heating, my bill would go up by a few 100
pounds per year with no loss of utility, countered by saving on the gas
standing charge and the annual boiler service.

That's it. How are we supposed to justify a £10,000 heat pump cost for a
maximum saving of a few 100 pounds per year.

we can't

only idiots will see that as a good idea

That's what's wrong with the TPTB dictating a solution, based upon a
presumption of best (from emission pov) alternative.

Most of us wont put in the best alternative and just replace with panel
heaters