Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default OT'ish: Greedy plumbers?

wrote:
The wonders of the Internet and rapid delivery have solved that problem
(admittedly, probably not for postcrete)

How do tradespeople handle deliveries? I can understand what they do if
they're on site for weeks (deliver to site, especially large materials), but
random parcel delivery that could come any time between 8am and midnight?

I'm sure it's fine if they have an office or a yard with staff available to
receive, but if they're a one man band with a van?

I can see the traditional mode of going to the builder's merchant first
thing still has its advantages...

Theo