Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Self storage units

On 5/19/21 7:06 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
AARP magazine has an article about self storage units.Â* I guess as a
society we like out junk and are willing to pay to keep it.Â* The US has
90% of the storage places in the world.

One in 10 household rent space.Â* Total of 1.9 billion sq. ft.

Average rental is 15.8 months

Six of 10 boomers visit the storage unit one a month

In a recent year. 1550,000 units were auctioned off for non payment and
abandoned.

As a society I guess we put a lot of effort into keeping crap.Â* I would
never keep that much and when we moved about 2 1/2 years ago made many
grips to Salvation Army.
even after moving, I still got rid of stuff.

Ever watch the cable TV show "Storage Wars" ? It is amazing how much
valuable stuff people abandon to later be auctioned off.

Lots of junk too ;-)