Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default what a load of pish

"Scott" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2021 11:34:53 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-57149059

yup

banning gas boilers only makes any sense when 100% of UK electricity
production is carbon free

until it is, simply transferring gas use to additional electric use is
just
daft

Not following your line of thought here. AIUI gas boilers are 100%
gas and electricity generation is far less than 100% gas - and
declining..

Gas isn't the worst non-renewable

So, It isn't just the amount of electricity that's produced by gas that's
important, it's the amount that produced by anything that isn't renewable.

and whilst the amount of the current electricity demand is moving to
renewable, where's the supply for the 100% increase [1] in amount needed
when everybody move from gas to electric, going to come from?

tim

[1] I use approx the same number of kWh of gas per year, space and water
heating, as I do electric on everything else. And I have a *very* well
insulated house.