Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Biden, Harris release 2020 tax returns

On Tue, 18 May 2021 12:01:20 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

It is easy if you have been drawing a government salary your whole
life and your bribes are in cash or laundered through your campaign
committee. If you are in business with dozens of LLCs and S corps, not
so easy.
I am still not quite sure what everyone expects to see anyway. I
imagine you will just get a peek into how rich people avoid paying
taxes. I doubt Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow want us to see their tax
returns either.

I don't see why everyone seems to obsessed with the tax returns.

The really big players have all kinds of ways to hide the money. Start
a charity and then put all your children in charge of it and draw a
salary. Start some company and write off many expenses.

I read an article many years ago about Trump had his money and there was
the Trump the business. He went bankrupt and was allowed more 'walking
around " money per month than many make in a year. Big companies went
bankrupt but never stopped, Just like the car companies and a power
company in California.

This year my IRA made a lot of money (for a common man) but no taxes are
paid on it. Next year i will have to take the RMD and some tax will be
paid on that, but it will be a small portion of the total if the stock
market does not collapse.

The reality is for most people who get the bulk of their money on a
W2, the tax forms are easy but there is not much you can shelter. For
people in business, the tax forms can get very complex and virtually
every page is a deduction or exemption from their taxes.
The system is rigged by the people who can give legislators the
largest incentives to write tax codes advantageous to them.
I bet there are real estate investor/developers and venture
capitalists all over the country hoping nobody ever sees Trumps
returns because theirs will look the same.