Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default The differences between the UK and the US getting a Covid jab

On 5/18/2021 1:49 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
On 5/18/2021 10:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
Â* I have always had the arm wiped with something before the needle.
Seems
to be standard practice to put a bandaid over the spot after the shot
needed or not.
I seldom have had any blood on the bandaid after I removed it.

The UK used to do it that way, but have changed the practice.
I assume they've found out that wiping with spirit before a jab is
unnessary. I'm sure that they aren't simply gambling.

Don't know if true or not, but did read that if the shot is given right
a way after the wipe it may hirt more than if waiting a few seconds for
the alcohol do evaporate.

Just as with many things it may just be a feel good thing.Â* I understand
that women were shaved between the legs before giving birth at one time
but that practice was stopped a good number of years ago.

Twenty years ago I got shaved between the legs for a heart cath

I did it myself.

but then they went in through my neck.

They use the groin with my stent.

Same for my stents fourteen years ago. They left some sort of valve in
for several hours in case they had to go in again.

Also when they surgically removed my blood clot 20 years ago they put in
a clot filter days later through the groin. It is amazing what they can
do with catheters. My aortic valve was large, maybe an inch, and they
could snake it in and expand it. It is like a large stent that they
leave in the heart. If I need another in 10 years they can put another
right over it. Wife's friend had a mechanical valve inserted at the
Cleveland Clinic. These last much longer but can only be replaced
surgically.

I believe Arnold Schwarzenegger has had three heart valves surgically
implanted as twice they could not do it with a catheter. Think the
second was a redo as he damaged the valve by exercising too vigorously
after the first.