Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default The differences between the UK and the US getting a Covid jab

On 5/18/2021 7:51 AM, Bod wrote:
On 18/05/2021 12:49, Frank wrote:
On 5/18/2021 3:42 AM, Bod wrote:
I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does
none of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after
the jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area
for a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

I am surprised that the Brits do not do this as problems can result.
Staph bacteria exist on the skin and can infect the body.Â* I had it
happen a few months ago with an injection into my eye for wet AMD.
Was a bitch to deal with as four more injections were needed to clear
it up: one to identify bacteria (it was staph), two of antibiotic and
one of steroid.

Not trying to scare anybody about getting injected and suspect if it
happened with skin injection the infected could just take antibiotic
orally.

Fair enough, but comparing an eye injection to an arm jab is totally
different I suspect.

I did not research the whole thing but there is maybe just about as much
of a problem.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/injec...doctor-2616542

It may be questionable as to the injection site being sterilized first.