Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default what a load of pish

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
Not following your line of thought here. AIUI gas boilers are 100%
gas and electricity generation is far less than 100% gas - and
declining..

It's worse than that. A gas boiler is 80-96% efficient. Generating
electricity from fossil fuel is ~30% taking into account generation and
transmission.

Is this really the case with electricity generated with gas, so like for
like?

And how about the energy used to get the gas from wherever to your house?

If making meaningful comparisons, best to start with a level playing field.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.