Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Second jab. Result!

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 10:16:26 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2021 06:31:26 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

snip

SWMBO and I got our 2nd AZ jabs last week.

Cool.

We waltzed past a very long
queue of people for the Pfizer vaccine.

Bizzare.

could be because they were waiting for their 1st jab as the over 35 are
now invited.
when I went to get my 1st jab back in march the 1st jab queue was a very
long snake.
the queue for 2nd jabs was about 5 people.
I had the AZ one.

We can see the effect with your CVTs and PVTs.

No side effects whatsoever - same as first time.

Same here (the next day etc).

No side effects from 1st hope the 2nd will be the same. due 18th june.
been wondering if I'll get called up earlier .

We were out walking the dog with my step niece (?) as our daughter
(now her pseudo Mum) is in the Peak District as we came across this
pop-up Covid vaccination centre.

Niece (just turned 18 and on the spectrum) mentioned something along
the lines of 'I don't know how anyone could just have it done at such
short notice' and as we were walking away, I did wonder if we should
'Over 18 with a condition' and the condition in this case was that in
spite of being 'high functioning', doesn't seem to have any (obvious
anyway) OCD, especially around touching 'public stuff' and hand
washing?

I popped into Sainsbury's for us and whilst here, bought 3 little
pocket hand gels and handed her (and the Mrs) one. If I open a gate on
a public footpath I'd either use my cuff or gel afterwards and have
tried to train the Mrs to do the same (not so much a risk now it's a
good few weeks past having her second jab).

A good 'aid memoir' for me is remembering the salmonella / food
hygiene warning TV adverts where someone handles some raw chicken and
then you see them leave a contaminated hand print everywhere they go
afterwards. ;-(

My biggest concerns are hand rails on buses and students!
I too keep a small bottle of hand gel.

You should be much more worried about aerosols in buses and inside at work.