Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Gas Pricing

On Mon, 17 May 2021 16:18:21 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Sat, 15 May 2021 17:30:12 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/15/2021 02:48 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Sat, 15 May 2021 02:17:13 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

I don't pay attention to gas prices. I generally gas up at the station nearest
my house.

Ok, I pay attention to the price enough to note that shortly after the pump
detects my credit card, the price drops about 10 cents per gallon.

Conversely, they seem to have some kind of surveillance on my gas gauge,
and raise it when I'm about due for a fill-up.

Cindy Hamilton

I thought that I was the only one that had that sensor embedded...

Mine also works on traffic lights. It ALWAYS turns them red for me.

I love the lights that only turn if they sense someone at the stop line.
Someone in a SUV, that is, not on a bike.

Understood, PA is like that. I used to try to get on the loop if a bike was in
front of me so it would trip.

The
cost of traffic signals is about $100k depending on the posts. Then you have
maintenance.

That is for each individual light, not the whole intersection. They
are paying about a million bucks for a "light" here at the entrance of
Lowes.

When the power goes out the fire co. has to haul out generators to
power the lights otherwise the fire police are out there in all kinds of
weather forever. Drivers don't know they are supposed to stop for a broken
light.

I have never seen that here or in Maryland. They may put a cop there
but usually it is just a free for all