Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default Most absurd lie on a product

That reminds me of the useless single-use "torch" my uncle gave me as a present once. Two chemicals that you mix together in a plastic tube and it glows green for a few hours. Then you put it in the bin. I've seen someone on Youtube try putting it in the microwave, it's hilarious. He ended up with it in his eye, and his dad's only concern was the damage to his brand new shirt.

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:07:02 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

This discussion reminded me of a model aircraft when I was young which
claimed the most amazing development in propulsion and battery technology
which could keep the plane airborne for 20 minutes, just add water.
So it basically had what looked like two Tea bag sized batteries with wires
at the top corners. the plane was made of flimsy polystyrene foam and the
motored seemed to be some kind of brushless design with a big slow propeller
on the front. You put your water in shook them and then launched it, Note
you needed to do this on a totally still day or it would just blow away. It
would mostly beetle about for maybe five minutes using the batteries then
the propeller stopped and it glided to the ground.

Each time you used the batteries it went for less time.

Still it was the 1960s, and I guess the thought was there....
Brian

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.