Posted to uk.d-i-y
JoeJoe JoeJoe is offline

Default Strange eBay T&C for postage

On 16/05/2021 11:26, charles wrote:
In article , JoeJoe
wrote:
On 15/05/2021 16:29, Peter Johnson wrote:
On 15 May 2021 11:38:14 +0100 (BST), Theo
wrote:

EX = Exeter DD = Dundee ML = Motherwell CF = Cardiff FY = Blackpool
(Fylde) KA = Kilmarnock BB = Blackburn

That sounds like a really random collection of postcodes.

I was wondering if they were postcodes that happened to have islands
in them whose ferries might cause issues, but FY is only greater
Blackpool and BB and ML are landlocked.

I think they are the locations of airports used in RM's overnight
network, probably default routing for those areas from the vendor's
location. (In 1995 RM was using 32 charted flights from/to 21 airports.
Don't know what the current situation is.)

Thanks. I can assure you 100% that there are no airports near Motherwell
or Kilmarnock. Motherwell is in fact located just off the M74 - the only
motorway connecting Scotland to England. A friend's husband drives a RM
lorry on it every night, transporting mail between the two.

The Kilmarnock PostCode includes Prestwick airport

Fair enough! Still, a (very) partial explanation...