Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default OT: Second jab. Result!

In article ,
T i m wrote:
SWMBO and I got our 2nd AZ jabs last week.

Cool.

We waltzed past a very long
queue of people for the Pfizer vaccine.

Bizzare.

Not really. You generally have the same make second shot. And the Pfizer
one doesn't keep long once out of the deep freeze. So is more likely to be
appointment only. It would be silly taking a batch out of the deep freeze
without having patients booked to have it.

My brother had his second Pfizer and he had it about 2 hours after the
surgery sent him a text asking if he could actually turn up at short
notice. I had about 4 hours notice first my fist AZ jab and for my
second AZ jab I was informed 3 days in advance. For my second jab there
were only two of us for the jab there (plus three people to give the
jabs, two on the front desk, two people organising the queue, two people
sanitising the chairs and one taking contactless temperatures).