Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Crimping etc

In article ,
newshound wrote:
Just been tweaking the wiring of my lad's new campervan, my no-name
ratchet crimper for insulated terminals is getting a bit tired. I don't
do a lot of crimping so not after a full "industrial" model, but does
anyone have any recommendations for something that performs well? The
screwfix ones seem to get reasonable reviews.

If you're referring to car wiring - flex rather than solid core mains -
get the correct terminals and crimp tool from the likes of Vehicle Wiring
Products. I've seen lots of failures on cars due to using those
pre-insulated terminals - they are not gas tight and corrode in time. As
well as looking a cheap bodge.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.