Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Second jab. Result!

Well poke them an email. However when I got mine done locally instead of at
the major centre I simply rang them and they said thanks and said it
probably would get amended before my date, but it was appreciated to have me
say I'd had it done.

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
In case anyone else has their second jab booked soon ... (and now
there is talk of lowering the time between the jabs from 12 to 8 weeks

I was due to have my second AZ jab next Friday and wasn't looking
forward to it, not because of the jab (no side effects at all on the
first) but because it was on the high street about 7 miles from here,
with restricted parking (a few meters outside, everything else
residents only type parking) and a Mrs who doesn't have the confidence
she once did to jump in the drivers seat and hover ... then drive
round the block if we couldn't get parked and a warden came past
before we could ...

Anyroad up, rather than going very early to ensure I could find a
space (and this would be after the lockdown has lifted another notch,
potentially making parking matters worse), we happened to be out
walking the dog and went past a temporary vaccination centre and I
enquired with the guy on the gate if it might be considered ok /
possible to give me my second jab there (fully expecting the answer
'you will have to wait you are in the system' etc). But he said 'yes',
mentioned they were fairly quiet, so I went round to the 'In' door of
this church hall, filled in the form (was told to keep the pen but had
to touch and give back the clipboard?), was then 'checked in' by a
lady with a laptop and after confirming my details, she confirmed my
Doctors Surgery and I was pointed to a seat, details checked again,
jab administered by another at the same time and ushered towards the
'Out' door and all in less than 60 seconds. ;-)

She did ask that if I was driving to maybe wait in the car for 10
minutes but I wasn't so we carried on the dog walk for another couple
of hours.

Now, I'm not sure if I should phone and cancel the appointment I have
for Friday or will that have already been done, as it's obvious they
had access to some sort of 'system' that had my details etc?

I can't see it being an issue (if they end up with a spare slot and a
spare dose), it's just I know they collate information like 'missed
appointments' and didn't want to add to their statistics?

A bit like parking up to get Mums prescription, seeing a queue at the
only parking meter, going and getting the prescription and being back
at the car before the same last person in the queue had finished at
the machine but still then getting a (free for 30 mins but with your
reg on) ticket, knowing there was ANPR on that site. ;-(

Cheers, T i m