Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Failed hose mender at Home Depot

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 16 May 2021 12:15:44 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

On 5/16/2021 10:03 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 16 May 2021 01:50:46 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

I needed some garden hose of the right length to go with the
quick-connect I posted about weeks ago. I used one of those ends with
the 2-part plastic clamp like you posted and the hose shot off the
connector. This particular hose was thinner, or older, than some. Next
time I used an all-metal hose clamp like is used on GM cars and I could
make that much tighter.

They make those hose ends for different diameters of hose. You need to
get the one that takes a bit of work to wiggle it into the hose.

I think it was the right size, but I KNOW it was what I had on hand.
LOL