Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default Eating sentient beings?

On 16/05/2021 12:20, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/05/2021 09:36, T i m wrote:

waste pollution (choking river and estuaries), water
consumption and the antibiotic resistance we are now suffering as a
race, no good when our interference with animals leads to zoonotic
pandemics.

Then campaign for the reduction in their use, and ban import from
countries where antibiotics are used routinely. Perhaps they should be
banned for use in pets too?

Well, the other side of letting animals live naturally is, of course,
letting them die naturally. The actions of predators. diseases, birth
trauma, accidents, weather and the rest will just have to be tolerated,
no matter how piteously they scream while passing away or how ugly they
look while cancers eat away their faces. But one can always shut one's
mind to the outcome of the choice of natural living being foisted on
animals, because most of the agony and anguish will be out of sight and
earshot of those that forced it on the animals while they warm
themselves with the thought that they have 'done the right thing'.

--
Spike