Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Robin Robin is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On 16/05/2021 12:21, nightjar wrote:
On 15/05/2021 22:23, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/05/2021 18:03, Commander Kinsey wrote:
New UK law:

"During a visit to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, the Environment
Secretary said that the Government would take a significant step
forwards on animal welfare by formally recognising animals as
sentient beings through a new Animal Sentience Bill that will be
introduced to Parliament tomorrow (13 May), putting animal welfare at
the very heart of government policy decision making."

If animals are to be recognised as sentient beings, shouldn't that
mean everyone must become vegetarian?

Only if there's a law against eating sentient beings. I don't think
there's even a law against eating humans, thought there might be one
against improper use of a human body. (I'm not sure how that works;
don't some hippy types fry up their children's afterbirths and eat them?)

There is not a law against eating human flesh, but getting hold of some
legally might be a problem.

Quite so. But some care may be needed to remove all risk of charges of
outraging public decency or preventing a lawful burial. DIY (i.e.
autocannibalism) is a safer option - absent a mental health assessment

--
Robin