Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT: Eating sentient beings?

On 5/15/2021 5:23 PM, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/05/2021 18:03, Commander Kinsey wrote:
New UK law:

"During a visit to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, the Environment
Secretary said that the Government would take a significant step
forwards on animal welfare by formally recognising animals as sentient
beings through a new Animal Sentience Bill that will be introduced to
Parliament tomorrow (13 May), putting animal welfare at the very heart
of government policy decision making."

If animals are to be recognised as sentient beings, shouldn't that
mean everyone must become vegetarian?

Only if there's a law against eating sentient beings. I don't think
there's even a law against eating humans, thought there might be one
against improper use of a human body. (I'm not sure how that works;
don't some hippy types fry up their children's afterbirths and eat them?)

Yup and the same people that do not want us to eat meat are in favor of
abortion.