Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Steps or platform for window cleaning and caravan roof cleaning.- feet at 3m+

On 15/05/2021 17:30, David wrote:
Speculating as usual.

I have ladders but cleaning a semi-circular bay window is a bit precarious
and involves a lot of moving of ladder.

I also have a caravan which would benefit from a roof clean every 6 months
or so.

Hiring a platform looks to be around £100 a go.
Buying one around £1,000.

I've just seen an advert fro a "platform tripod ladder" which is mainly
aimed at cutting very tall hedges but it does get you up there on a more
stable platform than a leaning ladder.

These seem to come in at around £300 for 3 metres plus, but cheapest may
not always be best.

Upstairs window cill is about 3.7 metres off the ground.

Anyone got one of these tripod ladder thingies?

I have a cheap one:

https://www.ladders.co.uk/drabest-en...garden-ladder/

It has square rungs rather than a stepladder type platform so not as
comfortable a perch, but it does for the jobs I need to do and was
cheaper than fancier types.

https://www.brownsladders.co.uk/ladd...tripod-ladders

https://www.niwaki.com/store/tripod-ladders/

https://www.henchman.co.uk/japanese-tripod-ladder.html

The main potential down side is having to work sideways on but I don't
think that is a major issue.

Cheers

Dave R

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.