Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default idiot going for Darwin award

On 05/15/2021 09:33 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/15/2021 11:07 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 14 May 2021 10:34:40 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

A friend told me yesterday while he was getting gas a woman had a double
layer of the plastic grocery bags and was filling it up with gas at a
pump. She tied it up and put it in the trunk of her car. He could not
see if she set it in a bucket or box. I hope she made it home safe.

Your friend must not be alone. Just heard on the radio that some govt.
national safety agency warned a couple days ago against carrying
gasoline in plastic bags.

When I was in high school I was doing something to the lawn mower,
trying to clean small parts maybe, and I soaked them in gasoline in a
little plastic dish that frozen? food had come in, and after 30 or 60
minutes, the dish started to turn into a puddle. Not at all sure, but I
don't think they use that kind of plastic much anymore.

Most likely polystyrene. Most plastics are not soluble in gasoline but
above its melting point, polyethylene is soluble.

https://www.survivalkit.com/blog/make-napalm-styrofoam/

Don't let him fool you. micky was a teenage terrorist.