Peter G

Default Boiler Replacement

Dear All Happy Xmas for the coming season (04 that is)

I have a Glow Worm Fuel Saver MkII balanced flue boiler that has been in my
4
bed detached house since it was built 15 years ago. I have often had
problems with the pilot light going out and it is not the easiest to relight
especially for my wife. Apart from the pilot light the boiler has been very
reliable. Would someone be kind enough to advice me on whether I should
consider a replacement?

How much more efficient are the modern boilers and if replaced any guess on
the % yearly saving over this boiler.
What make and model should I be looking at how much should I expect to pay
for the boiler and the skill of a tradesman to change.

Many thanks

Pete