Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fan 'always on' AMI BIOS Pavillion

If its still put on if needed then probably, but the machine in the always
off position may throttle back the processor to keep it cooler instead of
course.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; Esq.; wrote in message
New laptop, busy setting it up and I'm finding the fan noise very annoying
and constant on mains. On battery it is intermitant.

In the BIOS I found a setting 'Fan always on' with the option of on/off.
Setting it from its default on to off, it does seem a bit slower/quieter.
Am I OK to do this?