Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Small inspection hatch for pipe joint in concrete floor?

On 14/05/2021 00:02, Roger Hayter wrote:
On 11 May 2021 at 21:24:21 BST, "
wrote:

My 10mm oil pipe runs through the garage floor slab (in a screed-filled
channel) and I need to re-route one end, but this will need a
compression elbow. I don't want to bury the elbow in screed so need to
find a small inspection hatch, or to make a frame and cover insert. Can
anyone recommend a suitable hatch?

Is it practical to dig up the whole length of the pipe and replace it with a
longer one with a bend in it?

It runs from a tank about 4m away from the house, under a hedge and dry
stone wall, under two paving slabs, through cavity wall footings and
across the 5m wide garage/workshop (in a screed-filled trench) ...
perhaps I should call for volunteers ;-)