Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default toilet clogs easily

Na'ilah wrote

Found weird chalky off white build up blocking 1/4-1/3 of the toilet drain
pipe - clinging to the rear wall of the pipe thicker at the flange and
tapering to nothing at the elbow (about 10 inches down) - think it may be
lime scale.

That would be one hell of a lime scale buildup.

Where is your house located ?

It was causing toilet to flush strangely (swirling bits of TP left over)
and clog frequently requiring plunging. I scraped it out, and I am about
to put a new flange in.. hoping for the best, but thinking hard
water/metal flange may be the issue. Toilet was put in about 25-30 years
ago,

Have you lived there all that time ? Sounds like someone
is tipping something stupid down that toilet.

so it was a slow process.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ily-43331-.htm