Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default Most absurd lie on a product

On Wed, 12 May 2021 05:12:10 +0100, jon wrote:

On Tue, 11 May 2021 15:13:23 +0100, Commander Kinsey wrote:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353441460780

1200W cordless vacuum cleaner? Running off what looks like 2 18650 Li
Ion batteries. So since those are about 4V each, that's 150 amps from
one battery. I'm not so sure that's going to work....

That is probably the instantaneous power, lasting 5 secs. My little power
pack will start a car engine.

You can get those half price (assuming you mean the mobile phone sized Li Ion slabs). Order one from China on Ebay. Charge it fully, then power a bulb off it and time how long it lasts and measure the current. It will be a lot less than what it says on the label for the capacity (the full capacity couldn't fit in that size and weight with current technology). Tell the seller this (they probably won't even ask for evidence you did the test). They'll either give you half your money back or a free one because it "must be faulty". I now have two for the price of one, which in parallel will start even the most stubborn of cars.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.