Posted to alt.home.repair
Na'ilah Na'ilah is offline

Default toilet clogs easily

Found weird chalky off white build up blocking 1/4-1/3 of the toilet drain pipe - clinging to the rear wall of the pipe thicker at the flange and tapering to nothing at the elbow (about 10 inches down) - think it may be lime scale. It was causing toilet to flush strangely (swirling bits of TP left over) and clog frequently requiring plunging. I scraped it out, and I am about to put a new flange in.. hoping for the best, but thinking hard water/metal flange may be the issue. Toilet was put in about 25-30 years ago, so it was a slow process.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ily-43331-.htm