Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Most absurd lie on a product

On 12/05/2021 19:50, Commander Kinsey wrote:
All product specs are lies.Â* The CPU cooler in this computer claims it
will cool a 300W CPU.Â* Mine gives off only 140W, and that gives a
temperature rise of 55C, according to both my readings and those of 3
review sites.Â* 300W would cause a temperature difference of 120C, so to
keep it below the usual maximum of 100C, you'd need a room temperature
of -20.

silicon gives up at around 180°C

Even the 140W is odd, this CPU is rated at 105W.Â* Maybe they don't
account for you using every single part of it simultaneously.

On Wed, 12 May 2021 10:00:08 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa)
wrote:

How long for though?
Â*I remember a friend getting a hand held Dysan, which said 20 minutes
, long
enough for a clean, well she never got above ten, maybe she just had
thicker
dust?
Â*Brian

--