Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default Does warm weather make grass plump and easier to mow?????

On 5/11/2021 2:19 PM, micky wrote:
My eletric lawn mower has for years occasionally left cresent-shaped
strips an inch wide, even though I was sure I'd covered the area.

Suddenly this spring, the same mower seems to barely cut.

But I usually don't get started mowing this early, when it's still cool
out. 60 to 65.

Does warm weather make grass plump and easier to mow?????

Not necessarily. In fact it may make it dryer. This is definitely
a factor in my yard. My philosophy is 'if its green its grass'. So
in the Spring my yard has a lot of soft wet grass that tends to bog
the mower. I have to clean under the deck much more frequently.
I also sharpen the blade in the Spring. Then in the middle of the
summer the grass is a summer grass which is
drier and stiffer, so that the blade can cut
it more readily, and it doesn't tend to stick under the deck and
bog the mower. I have a 56V EGO mower. In the Spring I frequently
run the battery down when mowing the back yard. Later when it dries
out I can mow the whole yard without stopping.

Bill