Tony Halmarack

Default Setting amount of gap on window opening?

The windows here are UPVC with the dual position opening.
I've just fitted roller blinds and there's not much chance of using them
when the side hinged opening option is in use but it'd be nice to have a
clear drop for the blind when the windows are hinging at the bottom and
opening inward at the top.
Trouble is, the windows open inward too far and looking at the integral
metal stay that limits the opening amount, there doesn't seem to be any
shortening adjustment available. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing an
obvious way to adjust the degree of opening?

I suppose I could put a folding window stop in the reveal but I'd rather
minimise the bits and pieces of external hardware if possible.
If it's going to have to be the external stop, can anyone please tell me
where I can buy the folding brass type. or what the proper name for them
is?

--
Tony Halmarack