Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Spank!

On 05/11/2021 11:43 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 04 May 2021 18:50:12 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 20:06:00 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 20:25:44 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 19:20:18 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 21:54:22 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 21:15:17 +0100, Snit

wrote:

On Apr 15, 2021 at 11:02:15 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 19:12:00 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Another account must be made so they don't get the last
word
in.
The
silliest thing I got banned for was saying the word "damn".
And
not
even
in a rude way, probably something like "the damn weather is
awful
today".
Turns out the admin was a religious nutter.

Yeah, I got the same thing from another religious nutter for
using the term "hell of a lot", not a moderator in that
case.

You have to wonder how far we would be today if religion
had not
impeded
science.

Until a few hundred years ago there was not much of a split.

In English please.

He means that more than a couple of hundred years
ago, most of the science was done by the religious.
And some of them like Mendel made tremendous
advances in our scientific knowledge.

Until it conflicted with the teachings of the bible and was
silenced.

That didn't happen very often at all, just with Bruno and Galileo.

They never did silence Darwin, just got a mega **** fight.

You're forgetting that with a large number of the population being
religious, science is slower to spread.

I'm not not really convinced about that. In fact you can make a
case that earlier than the last couple of centurys, it was mainly
the religious professionals who did advance most of the science
essentially because they had a lot of free time on their hands or
because the church chose to have some of their religious
professionals do that sort of thing like with the Vatican
observatorys.

Just because it wasn't silenced, doesn't mean everyone will use it.

Yes, but the general public really doesn't get to use science that
much with evolution and the fundamentals of science like that.

There could have been improvements made on those discoveries, by
people
who were too religious to believe in science.

One of the odder things is that there are a surprising number of
the religious who are stupid enough to not believe that evolution
is how it happened who still do real science in other scientific
fields.

There's one example. Biology must have been hampered by the religious
folk burying their head in the sand.

In fact it was dramatically advanced by Mendel who did have the time
to discover how plant breeding works,

But but but.... god makes them breed, surely?

Nope, not when you are breeding for the characteristics
you want in the animal or plant. What they started with
are nothing like what we ended up with with wheat, rice,
other grains, tree fruit, dogs, sheep, cattle, horses etc.

Is this where they make **** up like "god allowed us to embellish upon
his creation", to get around arguments against their bull****?

and with plenty of other professionally religious like CofE vicars with
lots of time on their hands between sermons.

Aren't they researching and writing new ones?

Yes, but that doesn't take a lot of time and I know two of them very
well.

It could be done by computer.

My mad Baptist neighbour "studies" religion, his house is full of books.
They built an extension for the books.

Not all CoE vicars are like that, some chose to observe
nature and geology and that sort of science.

I wonder if there are fake vicars, just doing it for the pay?

The roman catholics were more into ****ing the altar boys.

At least they can't get them pregnant.

But that can see them torching churches when they are adults.

No great loss if a church is torched.

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/...-by-arsonists/

The Norwegians got a little ****ed about it. Varg Vikernes did 15 years
for it. All he had access to in prison was a synthesizer but the Burzum
albums from that era are interesting.