Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT, commerical fishermen wearing masks

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 11 May 2021 12:17:57 -0400, micky
wrote:

From C-Span, Congressional committee hearing today, 5/11

Commerical fishermen: "With the wind and the noise, these guys are used
to relying on sign language and with a mask on they really can't."

Huh? They sound like the people least inconvenienced by a mask?

She also said that wet masks were dangerous to fishermen. Why would
that be?

David Kessler, Anthony Fauci, Rochelle Walensky were testifying, but I
don't know what committee or who asked those questions. She was civil
and and didn't seem at all like an ideologue, but I still don't know why
a mask interferes with sign language. No one asked.

I found it by going to C-Span video, instead of just audio. No
sub-titles or any text on radio. "Dr. Fauci and CDC Director Walensky
Testify on Efforts to Combat COVID-19

The Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee held a
hearing on the efforts to combat COVID-19. Among those testifying before
the committee were Dr. Anthony Fauci and CDC Director Dr. Rochelle
Walensky. "

I accidentally heard the same hearing again and it was Lisa Murkowski,
senator from Alaska, which has a lot of fishing, and I should make clear
that I thought the rest of her comments were valuable.