Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default Most absurd lie on a product

On Tue, 11 May 2021 15:43:46 +0100, Clare Snyder wrote:

On Tue, 11 May 2021 15:24:24 +0100, Fredxx
wrote:

On 11/05/2021 15:17, williamwright wrote:
On 11/05/2021 15:13, Commander Kinsey wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353441460780

1200W cordless vacuum cleaner? Running off what looks like 2 18650 Li
Ion batteries. So since those are about 4V each, that's 150 amps from
one battery. I'm not so sure that's going to work....

It'll be 120W. Put your glasses on.

The eBay listing says 1200W in more than one place. I can't see anywhere
that quotes 120W.

All nonsense of course.

Those be Chinese "whats"?

Indeed. I have (had, they gave up fairly quick) some Li Ion batteries quoting a mAh 2.5x higher than Sony or Panasonic have ever achieved. They actually contained an eighth of what they claimed. They know they're lying, since if you ask them why they don't last as long as they should, you get a very fast 100% refund with no need to prove or return the "faulty" ones.

I also bought a 2.5" USB hard disk, claiming to be a brand new 1TB drive. SMART data gave me the make and model of the disk inside, showing it was an 8 year old drive which had had many hours of service, and had lots of faults. I opened it and confirmed, they'd even left the label on it! The electronics in the USB to SATA adapter inside it had been fiddled to ignore the bad sectors and claim a higher capacity than it really was. When I complained, they sent me another one the same! Their Ebay account is no longer functional.

--
Sent from my iPhone, this spam courtesy of Apple incorporated.