Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

trader_4 writes:
On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 1:09:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:

I seem to trust it more than you.
You are the one saying it is not 100% so we can't restart our lives
yet.

There you go again. I did not say we can't restart our lives. In response to your
repeatedly asking why we still need to wear masks, I have explained that many
times, to no avail. And I have said that we need to get as many people vaccinated
as quickly as possible. How you turned that into saying we can't restart our lives
I have no idea.

His whole thesis, that wearing a mask changes anything substantial about how one
lives, is frankly stupid. Wearing a mask is certainly not a hardship,
nor is it expensive, nor does it mean ones life "stops" in any way,
shape or form.

And the more rational portions of the country, which frankly tend to lean
more towards the left of center politically, have been doing rather well
recently, even with everyone wearing masks. The SF Bay area leads the
pack in this regard.

And, since the goal of masks was to flatten the curve, and indeed, the
curve was subtantially flattened due to the use of masks, social distancing
and judicious restrictions on large gatherings, one can only conclude
that masks were a successful technique used to address the worst pandemic
in over a century.

As more people realize that the anti-maskers were, as usual, wrong, we also
see the innoculation rates increasing leading towards a period of time when
the remaining restrictions on gatherings are starting to be relaxed, including
cruise ships and amusement parks - someone visiting disneyland today has a
far better experience than the same person would have when visiting in summer
2019, for example (since they can't overload the park with four-hour long
lines for the more popular rides).

It worked, despite the "Florida Man".