Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default If you're not vaccinated, you're in more trouble than ever.

On Monday, May 10, 2021 at 5:22:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2021 13:05:37 -0400, micky posted for all of us to digest...

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 08 May 2021 20:37:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2021 18:50:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/8/2021 4:12 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 08 May 2021 14:22:58 -0400, micky
wrote:

**Apparently if vaccinated, there's almost no chance of dying even if
you're in the 6%, and on average you will get less sick, but I don't
know how much. I haven't seen details about that, except I just read the
paragraph above.

When are you folks going to admit we have fallen for hysteria?

If you are just going to get a little cold that you get over why are
we still being silly about this? The vaccine is available for anyone
who wants it and if they are waiting for Jesus to tell them to get it
they will meet him soon enough .... or not. We still don't have any
good numbers about how many people have acquired immunity from having
a mild case and getting over it. It is very likely they never got
tested so they are not in the stats.
Fauci predicted that might be 80% of those infected.

So what is happening in India is just hysteria? Seems sensible to take
some precautions until we know what is happening. Seems to be on the
right path but could stall if people refuse vaccinations.

At a certain point we can let Darwin decide. The vaccine is out there,
they keep saying it works, at a certain point it is like wearing a
motorcycle helmet. If these people are willing to duck the protection
available, they deserve what they get.

So everyone in your family has been fully vaccinated?

All your friends?

And if not, and someone dies it's his fault? That's how you regard your
family and friends?

And you missed the entire point of my OP. Unvaccinated people endanger
the rest of us.

The reality is the hysteria is not reflected in the results. Florida

Oh, yes, you scientific sage. There will be no more outbreaks because
50% of Florida is vaccinated!

Do you understand the meaning of 94% effective? How 94 differs from
100? What per CENT means?

DeSantis said some stupid stuff that made clear that he doesn't and I
think you don't either. You should retake 4th grade arithmetic.
(There may be some special program that will let you attend with 10-year
olds.)

I'm too disgusted to read the rest of your stuff.

is wide open with a very old population and a very high amount of
interstate visitors. We are not doing any worse than the states that
are younger, less tourism and strict lockdown policies.
It will be interesting to see what gets reported after all of this
shakes out and we can get an unbiased study about what worked and what
was just virtue signaling.
The only thing we know that worked was if you lived on an island with
a very compliant population and strict immigration policies you could
keep it out. This will be the real test of the vaccines since there
was virtually zero acquired immunity and the virus is still "novel" to
them.

India is FUD and has nothing to do with our situation.
What is the vaccination rate in India?
What are the living conditions?
Poverty rate?
Quality of medical care?

Well, what do you say about the regular flu vax? How about the pneumonia vax?
That's some leading killers there! Why don't you have them?

The flu and pneumonia aren't killing 600K people a year here, that's one
big, obvious reason. Also when's the last time you heard about a 30 year
old getting a lung transplant because of the flu?

The PA gov wants a 70% vax rate before he lifts all bans. Where did that come
from? You can't get that rate on the vax's named above.

We obviously could if people cooperated and got vaccinated. The big problem
is half of Republicans are refusing. Who would have thought Republicans could
turn a vaccine into another divisive **** show?

The posters here are hilarious; whatever suits their mind at a particular time
is posted-even if the exact opposite was posted 20 minutes ago.

Site us some examples of that.

Round and round
you go, same old same old. Like monkeys throwing **** at each other than
licking their hands for the peanuts. You bozos better get a real-life away from
this. You probably have to have a night-light on so the bogeyman doesn't get
you! You haven't done **** for society with all your bellyaching here. I risked
my life for nimrods like you but that's okay because I was helping people on
their worst days. Do you think people get up in the morning saying: I'll infect
somebody today, I'll get infected today, I'll die today, I'll get in a crash
and permanently change the life of a young child, I'll forget to turn off an
appliance and burn the house down?

No, of course not. They just do those things through ignorance and denial
of sound science.

No wonder the climate is changing with all
this yapping and no doing; the hot air. Save the environment just air fry your
tacos in front of your mouth.

Used to be when someone like you said that kind of thing, I would know that
you're not serious. But with the rise of Qanon, stolen election lies and all the
rest, now you may very well be serious. I'm sure if Trump made that claim
a lot of trumpets would believe it.

There are a few that this post doesn't apply to, but, the rest of you take a
look in the mirror and say to yourself; how do I make this country better?
Ranting just doesn't cut it!

Over & out

When did speaking out on important issues of the day cease to be a way to make
a country better? When Trump turned the GOP into a cult?

Tekkie